Good morning, my friends! Welcome! Welcome to All in WDW’s Food & Wine Week … 2016! From pre-festival menus to “plates” of delicious food pics, let the festivities begin!
For today, as is our annual custom – 4 years running now! – let’s thank All in WDW’s expert on desserts – our daughter-in-law, Sarah – for taking on Epcot’s sugary delights!
Folks, you can’t eat ’em all. You certainly don’t want to have to buy ’em all. What should we have? Let’s see! Take it away, Sarah!
Look at this list! I am so hungry now! Well, whiskey and cake are two of my most favorite words, so, naturally, Scotland scores the top of my list.
The other things I love most in this world – besides my wonderful husband, of course! – are caramel, chocolate, wine, and creme brûlée.
It was hard to rank these, as always, and I’m very inspired to try to make some in my own amazing kitchen … especially since one of our wedding gifts was a kitchen torch!
Have fun at the festival, everyone! Enjoy the sweets! Here are my recommendations!
- Whiskey-soaked Cake – Scotland
- Caramel and Chocolate Crème Brûlée – France
- Red Wine Chocolate Truffle – Chocolate Studio
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce – Germany
- Mexican Chocolate Flan – Mexico
- Pineapple Dole Whip with Bacardi Coconut Rum – Refreshment Port
- Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese – Islands of the Caribbean
- Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake Soaked in Ouzo – Greece
- Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle – Chocolate Studio
- Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse – The CHEW Collective:
- Croissant Doughnut – Refreshment Port
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry Torte – Chocolate Studio
- Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache – Belgium
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote – Belgium
- Warm Chocolate Pudding – Ireland
- Chocolate Baklava – Morocco
- Pineapple Dole Whip – Refreshment Port
- Chocolate-covered Cannoli – Italy
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake – Hops & Barley
- Lamington – Australia