Long known as his very-favorite Quick Service on Walt Disney World property, Doug Davis of the WDW Mainstreet Podcast cannot wait to go back to visit the Liberty Inn at Epcot’s American Adventure Pavilion. He’s told me so … many, many times!
Well, not to worry, Doug. Are you craving a Macaroni & Cheese All-Beef Foot Long Hot Dog? Topped with Macaroni and Cheese and Bacon and served with French Fries or Apple Slices, you can get a sneak preview in ResortTV1’s presentation of …
Liberty Inn at Epcot’s American Adventure Pavilion Review
Check it out, folks! Join Jenna and friends as they present a short but very sweet 5-minute glimpse of this much-maligned Disney Dining alternative. Do they suggest that you grab a taste of “liberty”? Hey! Watch the video to find out!
Posted in Dining, Epcot, General, Parks, ResortTV1
- Tagged Counter Service, Disney, Disney Dining, Disney Parks, Epcot, Liberty Inn, Mac 'n Cheese Hot Dog, Quick Service, ResortTV1, World Showcase
Hey, folks! Take it from someone who just recently made his first visit to Animal Kingdom’s newest gem. It’s definitely a big, beautiful, green, wonderful world!
Don’t believe me? Then, please join Josh from Resort TV1 as he takes us for a 360 Degree 4K relaxing stroll through Pandora! Find his incredible video by clicking on the picture below!
Posted in Animal Kingdom, General, Parks, ResortTV1
- Tagged Avatar, Disney, Disney Parks, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Pandora, ResortTV1, Walt Disney World, WDW
The Festival is upon us, my friends! Have you seen the menus? No? Then, to see every delectable morsel, pop back to …
2018’s Festival of Food is About to Begin! Catch These Epcot Food & Wine Entree and Dessert Menus!
Hint – if I have highlighted an item in ‘blue’, then you can consider it on my personal list of recommendations for 2018. If you’re going to be able to go “devour” the festival, then please use those suggestions as a guide!
In the meantime, please pull up your bar stools at the WDW Main Street Pub. Join John, Doug, and myself as we cover all of these menus in great detail!
Which booths do we think will “rule” the party? Which get “discarded” out of hand? Who is going this year? Who is not? Find out that and much, much more at …
Episode 467 – It’s Food & Wine 2018!
Sadly, 2017’s All in WDW “Champion” – Hops & Barley’s Smoked Beef Brisket – won’t be on the menu this year. Let’s show the “champ” some love, shall we?
Posted in Dining, Epcot, Food & Wine, General, Parks, WDW Main Street Podcast
- Tagged Disney, Disney Dining, Disney Parks, Epcot, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, festival, food, Food & Wine ’18, Walt Disney World, WDW, WDW Main Street Podcast, World Showcase
Hello, folks! Finally! I’m a little bit late – since these delectable menus dropped about a week ago – but better late than never, eh? Behold! The entrees and desserts of the 2018 Epcot International “Food-Fest”!
What do you think? Delicious? Enticing? To hear all about my Food & Wine plans, catch this week’s upcoming special episode of the WDW Main Street Podcast! What are my recommendations? Stay tuned to this “channel” for the show!
- Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (KA)
- Spice-crusted Verlasso® Salmon with Warm Lentil Power Salad, Crushed Avocado and Sherry Vinegar (GF)
- Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit and Dates (V) (KA)
2016’s Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese!
- Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap (GF)
- Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa (V)
The Almond Orchard
- Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Pulled Chicken, Toasted Blue Diamond Almonds and Parmesan Cheese served with Nut Thins® Crackers
- Fire-roasted Tomato Hummus topped with Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Roasted Almonds and served with Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins® Multi-seeds Crackers
- Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Chocolate Almond Streusel (KA) (V)
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF)
- Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (GF)
- Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut (V)
2016’s Lamb Chop!
- Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream (V) (KA)
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (V) (KA)
- Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice
- Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions (GF)
- Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) (V) (KA)
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
- Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (GF)
2016’s Filet Mignon!
The Cheese Studio
- Braised Beef Stroganoff with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom and Boursin Garlic with Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce (KA)
- Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam; Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning; Strawberry Macaron with Boursin Pepper Cheese
- Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch (V)
- Xi’an Pancake with Beef
- Chicken Dumplings with Chinese Slaw (KA)
- Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
- Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
The Chocolate Studio
- Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel (GF) (KA)
- Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Whipped Cream (V)
- Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-lemongrass Cream
- Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
- Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce
2017’s Lump Crab Cake!
- The Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and Wild Mushroom Slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, Truffle and Blue Cheese Potato Chip on a Brioche Bun
- The IMPOSSIBLE™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun (V)
The Festival Center Wine Shop
- Charcuterie Plate: Chefs Selection of Artisanal Meats and Accompaniments
- La Bottega di BelGioioso® Cheese Plate: Crescenza-Stracchino®, CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce, and Artigiano® Vino Rosso Cheeses
- Bloody Mary Seafood Cocktail: Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Olive Salad and Crisp Lettuce in a Bloody Mary Vinaigrette
Flavors from Fire
- Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds (KA)
- Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses
- Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli
- Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Mango
2017’s Roasted Pork Wings!
- Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
- Carbonade de Boeuf, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Beer-braised Beef with Bacon, Onion and Mashed Potatoes
- Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises: Crème Brûlée with House-made Raspberry Jam (V) (GF) (KA)
- Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese (KA)
- Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll (KA)
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce (V) (KA)
- Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki (V) (KA)
- Taste of Greece: Chicken Souvlaki, Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita and Lamb Sausage with a Dill Tomato Ragu
- Spanakopita: Greek Spinach Pie (V)
- Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (V) (KA)
- Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise (KA)
- Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream
- Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (V)
2016’s Pork Slider!
Hops & Barley
- New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
- New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) (KA)
- Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (V) (KA)
- Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Basmati Rice (V) (GF)
- Korma Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Salad, Almonds, Cashews and Warm Naan Bread
- Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy
- Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread (V)
- Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
2017’s Roasted Irish Sausage!
Islands of the Caribbean
- Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli (KA)
- Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt
- Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce (V) (KA)
- Fritto Misto: Crispy Shrimp, Zucchini and Sweet Potatoes with a Spicy Sauce
- Pollo Alla Cacciatora: Braised Chicken Thigh, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Parmesan Polenta
- Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan Cheese (KA)
- Cannoli: Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit (KA)
- Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (KA)
- Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños (GF)
- Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon topped with Volcano Sauce
- Short Rib Tostada: Corn Tortilla topped with Short Ribs, Black Beans, Salsa Verde and Spring Onion
- Shrimp Quesadilla: Corn Tortilla with Shrimp, Oaxaca Cheese and topped with Spicy Guajillo Sauce and Sesame Seeds
- Coconut Rice Pudding served with Mango Coulis (GF) (V)
- Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket (KA)
- Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce (V)
- Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce
2017’s Hummus Fries!
- Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Seared Venison Sausage with Kumara Purée and Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce
2016’s Lamb Meatball!
Shimmering Sips Mimosa Bar
- Chocolate Croissant: Flaky Croissant stuffed with Chocolate
- Almond Croissant: Flaky Croissant topped with Toasted Almonds
- Jumbo Blueberry Muffin with Streusel Topping
- Cheese Danish with Sweet Icing
- Charcuterie in a Cone with imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette
- Spanish-style Paella with Chorizo and Roasted Chicken
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika (GF)
2017’s Seafood Salad!
- Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables (KA)
- Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad
- Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef with Steamed Rice
2017’s Shrimp and Scallop Cake!
Wine & Dine Studio
- Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms featuring Melissa’s Produce
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds (V) (KA)
- Trio of Artisan Cheese featuring La Bottega di BelGioioso® Cheeses (V)
La Bottega di BelGioioso Crescenza-Stracchino®
La Bottega di BelGioioso CreamyGorg® Gorgonzola Dolce
La Bottega di BelGioioso Artigiano® Vino Rosso
2017’s Seared Scallops!
- Maple Bacon Funnel Cake topped with Candied Bacon (KA)
- Spicy Hot Dog with Kimchi and Mustard Sauce
2017’s Spicy Hot Dog!
- Beef Brisket Poutine: French Fries with Beef Brisket, Beer Cheese Sauce and Poutine Gravy topped with Crispy Onions
- Sweet Potato Poutine: Sweet Potato Fries with Caramel Sauce, Mini Marshmallows and Pecans (V)
- Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream (V)
- Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum
- Croissant Doughnut Tossed in Cinnamon Sugar (KA)
- Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate and Marshmallows (KA)
- Croissant Doughnut with Chocolate Hazelnut Cream (KA)
- Croissant Doughnut with Sprinkles (KA)
Add Chocolate, Hazelnut, White Chocolate Raspberry or Vanilla Bean Gelato for an additional charge
(GF) indicates Gluten/wheat-friendly
(KA) indicates Kid-approved (Dishes designed with kids in mind.)
(V) indicates Vegetarian
Posted in Dining, Epcot, Food & Wine, General, Parks
- Tagged Disney, Disney Dining, Disney Parks, Epcot, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, festival, food, Food & Wine ’18, Walt Disney World, WDW, World Showcase
Hmm. Great question, eh? To get my full take, listen to my “glorious” and long-awaited return to the airwaves at …
WDW Main Street Podcast – Episode 461 – A Trip Report with Bob!
Yes, folks. I’m finally back at the pub! I dust off my bar stool and join John and Doug to provide a good, old-fashioned Walt Disney World trip report!
What will you hear? Well, aside from Slinky, what breathtaking ride did I experience for the first time? Where did Mrs. All in WDW and I stay? What pool bar became our lunchtime home for a few days? Listen to the show!
In the meantime, what do I think of Andy’s dashing dog? Well, let me put it this way … it delivers way more zip than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It’s not as wild and bumpy as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. In short, it was a very good coaster.
Having said that, how long did I have to wait in line to enjoy the ride? And, what impressed me the most about Toy Story Land’s new “marquee” attraction? You guessed it! Listen to the show!
By the way, catch John’s “live” ride-through as he dashes through Toy Story Land on Slinky’s back! Find it here!
Posted in General, Hollywood Studios, WDW Main Street Podcast
- Tagged Disney, Disney Parks, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Studios, roller coasters, Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Land, Walt Disney World, WDW, WDW Main Street Podcast