2021’s food bash is almost here, folks! It begins next Thursday, the 15th, and will last for a whopping 129 days! What?!
Anyway, with 32 food booths in the lineup, you’re sure to be able to find some savory sensations and delightful desserts to sate your festival-loving appetites. Let’s check out the menus! Do I like what I see? Well, I add my “grades” and comments.
Oh! By the way, please take notice … nine (9) of these marketplaces do not open until October 1st. Quite disappointing, in my mind, but what can you do? Disney does what Disney does.
The Alps – Opening October 1
(C) I know the cheese is wildly popular, but it’s not my “jam”. If it weren’t for its popularity, I’d actually grade it lower.
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Alpine Ham, Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
- Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart with Crème Fraîche
(D) They get penalized for changing their lamb chop recipe. Where are the pesto and potato crunchies? The shrimp are ‘meh’, in my humble opinion.
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Roasted Lamb Chop with Sweet Potato Purée, Bush Berry Pea Salad and Pistachio-Pomegranate Gremolata (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Deconstructed Pavlova with Pastry Cream, Citrus-macerated Berries and Lemon Myrtle Meringue (gluten/wheat-friendly)
(C+) If I were a dessert person, I could go for an apple tart.
- Apple Crumble Tart
- Apple Chips (gluten/wheat-friendly)
Belgium – Opening October 1
(B) My preference is for the braised beef. A very popular booth, it’s too bad it doesn’t open until October.
- Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
Brazil – Opening October 1
(B) Grade would be higher if 1). it was opening before October and 2). the pork belly was a more consistently well-prepared dish.
- Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp, and White Fish with Coconut-Lime Sauce and Steamed Rice (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (gluten/wheat-friendly)
Brew-Wing at the Epcot Experience – NEW!
(D) Sorry. Can anyone say ‘Buffalo Wild Wings’? Or, any other corner wing joint in any other city in the world?
- Garlic-Parmesan Wings with Celery and Ranch (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Barbecue Wings with Celery and Ranch (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Traditional Buffalo Wings with Celery and Ranch (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Teriyaki-Sesame Wings with Celery and Ranch
- Mango-Habanero Wings with Celery and Ranch (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Cheese Flatbread
- Pepperoni Flatbread
(C) OK. Let me hear the ‘boos’ and catcalls. I have never gotten a good piece of filet. Never. Neither dish is worth it to me … but that’s just me.
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
- “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (gluten/wheat-friendly)
(B) Loving that they’re serving a beef bao bun this year. The other two I could take or leave. Been there – done them.
- Pan-fried Chicken Dumplings with House-made Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- ZiRan Beef Bao Bun: Grilled Beef with Cumin
- Crispy-fried Pepper Shrimp with Spicy Sichuan Noodles
The Donut Box
(B-) Not a dessert person, but I’m not going to lie – they might have me at “Sriracha-glazed”.
- Candy Jar Donut made with M&M’S®, SNICKERS,® and TWIX®
- Sriracha-glazed Donut
- Chef’s Donut of the Day
- The Donut Box: Pack of the 4 Daily Donuts
- Crispy Chicken on a Sriracha-glazed Donut
Earth Eats hosted by Impossible™
(D) Perfectly fine choice for a lot of people, but it’s not for me. And, yes, I have given plant-based items plenty of chances.
- The Impossible™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun (plant-based item)
- Impossible™ Three-Bean Chili (gluten/wheat-friendly, plant-based item)
Flavors from Fire hosted by The NFL on ESPN
(A-) Both savory entrees catch my interest. Between the two, I’m likely to choose the steak.
- The Corned Beef Corner Route: Smoked Corned Beef with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions and Beer-Cheese Fondue
- The Chimichurri-up Offense: Charred Chimichurri Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- The S’mores Whoopie Pie-lon: Smoked Chocolate Cake, Graham Cracker, Marshmallow, Chocolate Ganache and Candied Bacon
(C+) Enticed by the beignet and chicken. Not sure if either could actually make it onto my final menu, though.
- Beignet aux Trois Fromages: Warm Beignet filled with 3 Cheeses
- Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
- Coq au Vin, Pommes Dauphine: Chicken braised in Burgundy Wine with Bacon and Puffed Potatoes
- Crème Brûlée au Grand Marnier: Vanilla Crème Brûlée with Grand Marnier Liqueur (contains alcohol)
(D) Low grade for lack of creativity. Really? Same menu … again! Having said that, I’m kind of feeling like having a pasta gratin this year.
- Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese
- Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce
(A-) Been a long time since my last griddled cheese. I missed it so. And, lamb too? Yum.
- Griddled Cheese with Pistachios and Honey (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Lamb Moussaka
(A) The pork slider has frequently won my personal “best in festival”. How can it not get an ‘A’? The hash is more hash than SPAM, but I understand its popularity.
- Kālua Pork Slider with Sweet-and-Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
- Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise
- Tuna Poke with Eel Sauce, Spicy Mayonnaise and Crispy Shrimp Chips
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts
Hops & Barley
(B) I’ve never had great luck with the lobster roll, and the beef sandwich sounds a bit mundane.
- New England Lobster Roll: Lobster with Herb Mayonnaise on a Griddled Roll
- Hot Beef Sandwich with Horseradish Cream and Pickled Vegetables
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
India – Opening October 1
(B+) Quite interested in all three dishes. Another spot that I wish was opening next week as opposed to October.
- Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips
- Korma Chicken with Basmati Rice, Crispy Chickpeas and Spiced Yogurt Sauce (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Ben’s Original™ Basmati Rice (gluten/wheat-friendly)
Ireland – Opening October 1
(A-) I don’t know which October opening disappoints me more – Ireland’s or Spain’s. Very sad. I would have jumped on both savory dishes.
- Fisherman’s Seafood Pie
- Roasted Irish Sausage with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy
- Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
(B-) I have to give them credit, unlike Germany, Italy changes it up year after year. Of course, maybe they do that because their dishes consistently lack Germany’s popularity.
- Mezzelune Croccanti: Crispy Half-moon Breaded Mozzarella-filled Ravioli with Pomodoro Sauce
- Ravioli: Grilled Chicken Ravioli with Alfredo Sauce, Romano Cheese and Prezzemolo
- Bomboloni: Cream-filled Italian Doughnut with Raspberry Sauce and Powdered Sugar
(B+) The chicken bun was a bit of a disappointment when I had it last, but the other two entrees catch my palate.
- Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and Teriyaki
- Tempura Shrimp Sando: Crunchy Shrimp served with Yuzu Crab, Green Onions and Eel Sauce served on a Bun
- Spicy Hako Sushi: Spicy Tuna and Salmon served Box-style with Red Tempura Crunch and Volcano Sauce
Kenya – NEW! Opening October 1
(B-) It was pretty messy (pulling tails off) the last time I had Epcot’s skewered shrimp. I would have tried both of these, though. Stupid October 1st.
- Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato & Corn Mealie Pap and Kachumbari Slaw (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Piri Piri Skewered Shrimp with Citrus-scented Couscous
Lobster Landing – NEW! Opening October 1
(B) October 1st. Grr. I bet that tail is going to be pricey. Maybe it’s for the best.
- New England Lobster Tail with Lobster Bisque Sauce
- Lobster Chowder with Bacon, Corn, Potatoes and Oyster Crackers
- Baked Lobster Dip with Old Bay Chips (gluten/wheat-friendly)
Mac & Eats – NEW! Opening October 1
(B-) Only the “cowboy” version catches my eye. Otherwise, I’d pass.
- Traditional Macaroni and Cheese with Herbed Panko
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese with Herbed Panko
- Cowboy Macaroni and Cheese with Smoked Pork Belly, Brisket Burnt Ends, Pickled Peppers and Onion Straws
- Macaroni and Cheese with House-made Italian Sausage and Peppers (plant-based item)
(B-) Not a fan of corn tortillas, but that’s not the “deal killer” for me. Mexico’s dishes are just plain small. Makes me feel they’re not worth it no matter how good they might taste.
- Chilaquiles con Chorizo: Crispy Corn Tortillas tossed in Salsa Verde and Monterey Jack Cheese topped with Crema Mexicana, Queso Cotija, Pickled Onions and Ground Chorizo
- Taco de Ribeye: Shaved Ribeye, Red Onions, and Poblano Peppers on a Corn Tortilla with Ranchera Salsa, Cotija Cheese and Chives
- Capirotada de Chocolate: Abuelita Chocolate Bread Pudding served with a Chocolate Crème Anglaise
The Noodle Exchange – NEW!
(A) So glad this booth opens next week. I’m not a big fan of mushrooms, but I’m “in” on all four of these entrees. Can’t wait to taste these!
- Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho with Shaved Beef, Enoki Mushrooms, and Thai Basil (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Char Siu Pork Udon with Enoki Mushrooms, Bok Choy, and Soy Pickled Egg
- Shrimp and Coconut Curry Rice Noodles with Shiitake Mushrooms and Thai Basil (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Tofu Pho with Enoki Mushrooms and Thai Basil (gluten/wheat-friendly, plant-based item)
(D) Can’t do better than a fancy succotash, Outpost?
- Spicy Githeri with White Beans, Pigeon Peas, Ben’s Original™ Quinoa & Ancient Grains Medley and Kachumbari Slaw (plant-based item)
Refreshment Port hosted by Boursin®
(C-) Better than the Outpost, but not by much.
- Braised Beef Poutine: French Fries, Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce, Cheese Curds and Gherkin Relish
- Maple Boursin Cheesecake with Whipped Boursin® Maple Bourbon Cheese and Candied Pecans
Rotunda Bistro – NEW!
(B+) If the shrimp and crab dishes make my final list it will be Spain’s fault, I’m telling you.
- Chilled Smoked Shrimp Salad (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Wild Mushroom and Truffle Tart with Gruyère and Crème Fraîche
- Chilled Crab and Avocado Parfait with Caviar (gluten/wheat-friendly)
Shimmering Sips hosted by CORKCICLE®
(C-) I’d rather have Appleseed Orchard’s apple tart.
- Shimmering Strawberry Soft-serve in a Waffle Cone
- Banana Bread with Mixed Berry Compote (plant-based item)
Spain – Opening October 1
(A-) The biggest disappointment of the festival, for me, is the fact that Spain opens late. That seafood salad – I can’t tell you enough how good it is. That, and the paella? Oh, Disney. I’m so sad.
- Charcuterie with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Spanish-style Paella with Rice, Chorizo and Shrimp (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika (gluten/wheat-friendly)
The Swanky Saucy Swine – NEW!
(B) The porchetta and ribs sound good. The others? Not so much.
- Crispy Barbecue Pork Rinds with Pimento Cheese (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Roasted Porchetta with Pork-fat Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Lemon-Parsley Salsa Verde (gluten/wheat-friendly)
- Soy-glazed Sticky Ribs with Green Onions and Peanuts
- Crispy Pig Ear Salad with Fire Roasted Tomatillo Sauce, Pickled Red Onions, Queso Fresco, Roasted Corn Salsa and Avocado Cream (gluten/wheat-friendly)
Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina – NEW!
(A-) I have a surprisingly high opinion of Morocco this year. The falafel, kebabs, and bread might, all, find their way to my plate!
- Fried Falafel Pita with Tahini Sauce (plant-based item)
- Grilled Kebabs with Couscous, Tomato-Onion Salad and Garlic Aïoli (Lemon-Garlic Chicken, Moroccan Spiced Lamb, Harissa-marinated Beef Tenderloin Tips)
- Stone-baked Moroccan Bread with Hummus, Zaalouk and Zhoug Dips
- Pistachio Cake with Cinnamon Pastry Cream and Candied Walnuts