Wow! What a victory!
Old Key West fans rose up in force to deliver a decisive victory to Gurgling Suitcase Libations & Spirits – our inaugural All in WDW Readers’ Favorite WDW Pool Bar!
I have to admit, I am a slight bit surprised. Why? Well, knowing the popularity of Disney’s Beach and Yacht Clubs – as well as Stormalong Bay (their signature pool) – I was certain that Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar and Grill would take the “prize”!
True, Hanna did finish in 2nd, but, realistically, it never had a chance. Gurgling leaped out fast and far and didn’t look back! I’ll say it again … wow!
What makes the Suitcase so popular? For us, it’s the “outside while you’re inside” feel of the place. We love the open doors!
Of course, the view doesn’t hurt …
And, the decorations are quite nice …
A smallish spot, the bartenders are very friendly. The beer is ice cold. And, the food is good.
By the way, you can order off of the Suitcase’s own bar menu or from Olivia’s Cafe (it is attached). In addition, Good’s Food to Go is right next door.
Before I move on, let me pass along one more small piece of advice …
If you’re craving a lunch-time beverage and a seat at the bar, drop in at opening “bell” – 11:30 AM. Space can be very limited!
So, my friends, let’s close with one last important piece of business … the All in WDW Readers’ Top 10 Favorite WDW Pool Bars!
You want to recommend a bar to family and/or friends? Here they are!
- Gurgling Suitcase Libations & Spirits – Old Key West
- Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar and Grill – Beach and Yacht Clubs
- Siestas Cantina – Coronado Springs
- Mardi Grogs – Port Orleans Resort (French Quarter)
- Barefoot Pool Bar – Polynesian
- Leaping Horse Libations – BoardWalk
- Uzima Springs Pool Bar – Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Banana Cabana Pool Bar – Caribbean Beach
- Trout Pass Bar – Wilderness Lodge
- Muddy Rivers – Port Orleans Resort (Riverside)