Kudos to A.J. Wolfe and the Disney Food Blog. They have ‘scooped’ the WDW blog-o-sphere, once again, in announcing the full menus for the 2013 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. Clearly, they have a network of insight that we can’t touch. Congrats, DFB!
To see the “full layout”, visit them at ‘2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Marketplace Booths, Menus, and Food Photos on DFB‘!
In the meantime, other than what was already included in the All in WDW Pre-Festival “Top 25”, here’s what catches my eye:
- Australia: Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies – Mrs. All in WDW’s favorite, it finished at #11 in my 2012 Top 25.
- Mexico: Shrimp Taco with Purple Cabbage – Sounds very close to 2012’s shrimp dish. It hit #5 on last year’s list.
- China: Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun – #6 last year, this one was truly phenomenal!
- Africa: Berbere Style Beef with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato, Okra, and Pap – This is the first new item that catches my eye. I can’t wait to research it … but it sure sounds promising!
- Italy: Ravioli de Formaggio All’emiliana – Returns for a repeat in 2013. In 2012, it was our third-favorite plate. Only Hawaii’s Kalua Pork Sliders and Le Cellier’s Filet achieved a loftier status. Translated, it is a baked cheese ravioli in a creamy beef Bolognese sauce. Or, you can just call it DELICIOUS!
- New Zealand: Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney – Another meal returning for a repeat, it finished at #10 for us in 2012.
- Belgium: Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef – How can anything with braised beef be anything other than fabulous?
- Greece: A “Taste of Greece”. Or, if you prefer, some Grilled & Marinated Calamari, Hitipiti, Eggplant Dip, Olives, and Pita Bread – Sounds intriguing!
- Also new to Greece: Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce – How will this compare to the Chicken Souvlaki that was served in past years?
That’s my “rough cut”, for now, folks. Now, the harder work starts. After attending this past Saturday’s preview event, and seeing the final menus, it is time to compile the first draft of the 2013 All in WDW Pre-Festival Top 25!