By John Peters
Hey, folks! You bet beer is! Seriously, our podcast crew had a great time sitting around the Main Street Pub and ranking World Showcase’s pavilions!
If you missed it, catch that show at: Episode #371 – Ranking World Showcase’s Pavilions!
Then, we had an even better time watching you vote to determine which were your favorite spots!
Catch the re-cap of that poll at: World Showcase Pavilions … What DO We do with the “Bottom of the Barrel”?
Today, however, I’d like to look at one of the MANY reasons I love World Showcase so much … BEER!
Catch Episode #373 – Drinking Around World Showcase!
Oh, there is no doubt in my mind that the best place to find quality beer at Walt Disney World is in Epcot’s World Showcase. With that in mind, in order from last to first, let’s tour through my “Hit List”.
11. Tsingtao – China – Very light. Not too flavorful.
10. Kronenbourg 1664 – France – Well, the French DO make great wine.
9. Casa Beer – Morocco – Another extremely light beer. Not bad on a hot day!
8. Modelo Especial – Mexico – This beer, I enjoy. Again, it is another solid, refreshing choice on a hot afternoon.
7. Birra Moretti La Rossa – Italy – France could learn something from Italy! The Italians are known more for their wine than their beer, but this is a great beer! A Doppelbock, it has a slight sweet taste with some nice caramel notes. Very nice!
6. Einstök – Norway – Actually, this beer is from Iceland. Getting past that, it’s another great choice! Nice and light, with a somewhat complex flavor profile, and some nice citrus notes, it is a fantastic brew!
5. Frozen Kirin – Japan – Take a look back … I’ve written about this one before. Yep! Take away my “Beer Geek” card, folks! By itself, Kirin is not all that good of a beer. Put a slushy top on it? I’m sold! Coldest beer in Epcot!
4. Golden Monkey – American Adventure – Lots of complex flavors in this one. I’ve tasted bananas, bubblegum, and cotton candy flavors. It’s pretty sweet and that hides the high alcoholic content. At 9.5% ABV, this is a great beer that you might be best limiting to one!
3. Schofferhofer Hefeweizen Grapefruit – Germany – Some of you will disagree with me on this choice. Grapefruit is blended with a Hefeweizen beer to deliver this refreshment. Honestly, most people either love this or hate it. Personally, I love it! You had best like grapefruit juice, fans!
2. Innis & Gunn – United Kingdom – An absolute delight, friends! This beer is fantastic! After brewing, it’s cured in empty whisky barrels. That gives it its unique taste.
1. La Fin Du Monde – Canada – To those who know me, there’s no surprise here! This is my absolute favorite beer in all of Walt Disney World! La Fin is an extremely well-balanced Tripel. It boasts a nice, subtle fruity taste and delivers a unique yeasty finish. This one is another “hidden punch” beer, though. Complex flavors hide its high ABV (9%). Just be careful, folks!
Well, there! You have my list of beers from around the showcase. Have you tried them? Do you agree with my thoughts? I’d love to hear your comments – either, here, on this post or on social media!
Oh, by the way, please respond to the poll below. Which three (3) of these would you choose? VOTE, everyone! The more the merrier! Thanks for reading, and … cheers!