Experience Mission: Space … AND its Variety of Missions?

Good morning, my friends!  You know, its great to see that there’s enough love out there to keep Mission: Space from joining WDW’s growing list of lost and retired attractions.

Yesterday’s vote, for instance, suggests that only 27% of respondents want the ride eliminated entirely.  On the other hand, 73% see some level of value in its entertainment.

Of that 73%, well over half, though, would like to see the attraction rehabilitated to, at least, a small degree.  Did you get a chance to register your opinion?  No?  Then, go back HERE and vote!

The commentary we received yesterday – regarding this little “imagineering” project of ours – was utterly phenomenal!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Opinions were a bit of a mix (some “for” and others “against”), but here’s a sampling …

“I just want to see Horizons back … fully upgraded/modernized and with plenty of easter eggs for fans of the original.”  -and-  “I don’t see any reason to get rid of it … but I loved Horizons.”

“I love this ride.  It’s one of my favorites.  Never get rid of it.”  – and –  “I almost passed out on that ride.”

“We went on that in September.  Hubby loved it.  Me, however, not so much.  I had to not look at the screen for a bit of it, and when I got off I had a banging headache all day!  Terrible, but I’d probably go on it again.  Haha.”

“That ride ruined my day.  Spent five hours staring at the floor and hoping I wouldn’t throw up.  Was the first year it was open and [“Orange” was] the only option.  Glad I did it, but any ride that has sick bags on it is not a happy place.”

img_2763

“Rehabilitate!  This ride is amazing.”  – and –  “I love [it] as is.  U.S. astronauts have ridden it and gave it a “thumbs up”, and that’s good enough for me!”

“My husband loves it, and I like it too, but I can only ride once if I’m going to avoid feeling sick.  I vote slightly rehab.”

“Rehab.  I agree if it were more interactive it would be better.  I haven’t ridden Orange yet because I’m afraid it would make me sick.

When my boys were around 4 or 5 years old, my husband took them on this ride.  I sat out because I was nervous it would be too claustrophobic for me.

My kids freaked out when the voice told them to press buttons, partly because they couldn’t reach them, but mainly because they thought they were really leaving Earth … and MOM!”

“I love this ride.  Something about the simulator makes my back feel great!  It’s always my go to ride when my back is hurting after a long day!”

“Will never ride Orange again!  We had an ADR in Akershus right after I rode it, and we were almost late because I was sipping Sprite and putting my head between my knees!”

I’d like to specifically to call Christie and Vin, with their comments, respectively, “We love this ride.  Definitely rehab.  It would be nice to have different scenarios each time.”

“I agree that the ride could use more diversity similar to Star Tours where the ride has many mission options to make it less likely to see the same mission twice.”

My friends, they’ve hit my “Project Plan” right on the nose!  I said the same thing about Soarin’, by the way, but “spruce up” each experience on Mission: Space with a variety of missions!

First off, if you want intense, Orange is still your “ticket”.  I would bet, however, that a lot of us would still choose Green.  Therefore, both options remain.

Next, design a number of different overall scenarios that can be comprised of many small sub-scenes.  Mix and match the sub-scenes – just like Star Tours – and you’re off and running!

Now, that would be my idea of simulated space travel!  Hey!  Astronauts never know what they’re going to face each time they take a trip into space.  You’ll never know what you’ll experience when you ride on Mission: Space!

Have a great day, my friends!  And, thanks, again, for participating in another All in WDW “re-imagination”!  Now, if only Disney would listen to our advice!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s