The “party” is finally here, my friends! Delicious entrees. Refreshing beverages. Yes, the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival kicks off today!
Of course, as I mentioned on our special Festival Preview episode of the WDW Main Street Podcast, I’ll regrettably have to miss out on this year’s fun. It makes me very sad.
Episode 467 – It’s Food & Wine 2018!
That’s right, folks. No food pics coming from me this year. For those, check out the Disney Food Blog. They do a great job of serving up Epcot’s delectable fare.
In the meantime, after seven straight years of festival attendance, I’ve sampled a lot of Food & Wine’s best … and worst. I can’t let this unfortunate year slip by without posting my personal recommendations.
So .. if I had been able to attend this year’s “bash”, what would I have tried? Well, here it is … the 2018 All in WDW Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Top 20!
- Roasted Irish Sausage – Ireland
- Roasted Pork Wings – Flavors from Fire
- Spice-crusted Verlasso Salmon – Active Eats
- Seared Scallops – Coastal Eats
- New Brunswick Slider – Hops & Barley
- Lump Crab Cake – Coastal Eats
- Brazilian Seafood Stew – Brazil
- Lamb Meatball – New Zealand
- Xi’an Pancake with Beef – China
- Seafood Salad – Spain
- Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak – Flavors from Fire
- Spanish-style Paella – Spain
- Bloody Mary Seafood Cocktail – The Festival Center Wine Shop
- Kalua Pork Slider – Hawai’i
- Ropa Vieja Empanada – Islands of the Caribbean
- Beer-braised Beef – Belgium
- Short Rib Tostada – Mexico
- Beer-braised Beef – France
- Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop – Islands of the Caribbean
- Shrimp Quesadilla – Mexico
- Le Cellier Beef Filet Mignon – Canada
- Korma Chicken – India
- Crispy Pork Belly – Brazil
- Beef Brisket Poutine – Refreshment Port
- Pasta Gratin – Germany