Good morning, folks! As you undoubtedly know, Walt Disney World recently kicked off a new, optional service aimed at allowing Guests to breeze between all four theme parks.
For a fee, this so-called Express Transportation Option takes Park Hoppers directly from park to park. No muss. No fuss!
Of course, not everyone has embraced this amenity with both arms. Even here, at All in WDW and the WDW Main Street Podcast, we’ve been critical of this move as an unabashed Disney “cash grab”.
So, what is this option all about? Let’s see …
- Departs approximately every 30 minutes.
- Is available each day from 10:00 AM until park closing.
- Travels directly between each of the theme parks—with no other stops along the way.
- Lets you off inside the main gate, so you’re in the middle of fun from the moment you arrive!
- Gives you unlimited transfers between all 4 theme parks—for as long as your Express Transportation ticket is valid.
What’s the cost?
- Single-day ticket: $15. Valid for date of purchase only.
- Multi-day ticket: $24. Valid for up to 7 consecutive days beginning on date of purchase.
I have to tell you … originally, I was very skeptical. Since Mrs. All in WDW and I rarely park hop nowadays, this service didn’t make a lot of sense to me.
However, I, then, saw this glowing review by one of our readers: “Worth every penny. From inside Epcot to inside Magic Kingdom in 18 minutes flat.
No bag, security, or ticket check after the first one in the morning! So glad we spent the $24, each, to get it for the week.”
Wow! Great feedback. I must admit … it got me to thinking. No bag, security, or ticket check after the first one? That definitely is attractive.
So. Is this option worth the cost? Hmm. Well, let me ask you that question. What say you, my friends? You’ll find a short survey, below.
Whether $15 for a day or $24 for a week, do you think that Disney’s Express Transportation Option is worth the price?