If you’ve been following All in WDW over the years, you’ll know that we have a Food & Wine tradition around here. We always kick off the presentation of our pre-festival menu recommendations with a visit from a very special guest.
Hmm. Who could that be, you ask? My friends, please welcome our resident dessert expert – our beloved daughter-in-law – Sarah! Which of Epcot’s sugary delights has she been dreaming about? Let’s see!
Hello, everyone! My criteria for “ordering” this year included originality as well as an overall impression of things I would want to eat. Yes. As usual, crème brûlée topped my list!
Other comments? The Caribbean’s guava sauce sounds interesting while their puff pastry makes me think ‘light and tasty’.
Also, a Dole Whip – especially with a splash of rum! – sounds very refreshing given the heat we’ve had in Nashville this Summer.
And, frankly, who doesn’t like dulce de leche (cajeta)? Mixed with white chocolate, I think that Mexico is onto something!
Alternatively, the bottom of my list reflects my personal tastes. Hey! I’m not a huge fan of bananas, orange, or coconut!
As always, ranking Food & Wine’s desserts was a very fun thing to do. It has me longing to walk around World Showcase or even, simply, sit at Coronado Springs’ Laguna Bar!
Oh, well. Another year, perhaps. In the meantime, it’s back to teaching chemistry for me! For those of you lucky enough to attend this year’s festival, treat yourself!
And, if you want my advice as to what to sample, here it is! These are …
The 2017 All in WDW Food & Wine Pre-Festival Top 25 Desserts!
- Crème Brûlée with Housemade Rasberry Jam – France
- Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel – Greece
- Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce – Islands of the Caribbean
- Cajeta Mousse served with Cajeta Sauce and White Chocolate Flakes – Mexico
- Pineapple Dole Whip with Bacardi Coconut Rum – Refreshment Port
- Pineapple Dole Whip – Refreshment Port
- Whiskey-soaked Cake – Scotland
- Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle – The Chocolate Studio
- Sweet Olive Oil Cake – Spain
- Croissant Doughnut – Refreshment Port
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake – Hawai’i
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce – Germany
- Chocolate Picante – Flavors from Fire – NEW!
- Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse – Earth Eats, Inspired by The Chew
- Warm Chocolate Pudding – Ireland
- Chocolate Baklava – Morocco
- Decorated Gingerbread Heart – Germany
- Freshly-Baked Carrot Cake – Hops & Barley
- Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake – India
- Chocolate-covered Cannoli – Italy
- Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte – The Chocolate Studio
- Lamington – Australia
- Sweet Avocado Crema with Strawberries, Yellow Cake, and Tortilla Streusel – Active Eats – NEW!
- L’Orange Cotton Candy – Craft Beers
- Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae – The Almond Orchard Hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze – NEW!