Welcome, my foodie friends! Welcome to your 2017 WDW Fans’ Epcot International Food & Wine Pre-Festival Top 20!
Yes. Your month-long journey through dozens of entrées is finally complete. What is the result? You have developed an impressive menu of recommendations! Behold …
- Kalua Pork Slider – Hawai’i
- “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon – Canada
- Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread – Farm Fresh
- Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon – Active Eats – NEW!
- Beer-braised Beef with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes – Belgium
- Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese – Hops & Barley
- Seared Scallops – The Wine & Dine Studio
- Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce – Flavors from Fire – NEW!
- Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich – Craft Beers
- Cabernet Sauvignon Braised Beef – France
- Crispy Pork Belly – Brazil
- Seared Scallops – Coastal Eats – NEW!
- Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake – Thailand
- Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette – Coastal Eats – NEW!
- Rib Eye Taco – Mexico
- Grilled Beef Skewer – Patagonia
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup – Canada
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp – Australia
- New England Lobster Roll – Hops & Barley
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote – Belgium
Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache – Belgium
Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread – Ireland
Korma Chicken with Warm Naan Bread – India
Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese – Germany
Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw – Coastal Eats – NEW!
My thoughts? I do have a lot of experience with this Top 20 “stuff”, you know. First, it is incredible how your votes led you to a perfect example of Food & Wine’s Rule #10!
Did you see the full list of “rules” we posted a few days ago? Stop back, and check it out! Rule #10 states, “Everyone’s tastes are different. There are no wrong choices. There are just different choices!”
Can you guess how many of your list made my Top 20? Seven! That’s right. Over half of my menu differs from yours! Again, different tastes – different choices!
Having said that, if our intent is to give fellow Guests a limited list of recommendations to follow as they tackle Food & Wine, then you guys did a phenomenal job.
In fact, personally, I could make it two-thirds down your Top 20 before I might think about saying, “Nah, I could pass on that.” Great work, folks!
Once again, thank you for all of your support and votes throughout this process. Plus, let me extend a special thanks to those who volunteered for the ‘ranking team’. Fine job, all!