Let’s see a show of hands. Who remembers last year’s Food & Wine “frolics”? I’ll give you a hint … you “consumed” a lot of Food & Wine “entrees” and did a lot of voting.
Ahh! I see quite a few of you still out there! Thanks for sticking with us … and, thanks for coming back this year!
Now, how many of you are new to All in WDW’s obsession with Food & Wine? Wow! What a group! Nice to meet ya’! Thanks for hopping on board! You’re going to have a blast with this “exercise”. Just ask those 2013 “veterans” we just met.
Hey, all of you? Welcome! Welcome to the 2nd Annual All in WDW Food & Wine Top 25 “Challenge”! Our objective? To construct the All in WDW Readers’ 2014 Food & Wine Pre-Festival Top 25!
What is that, you ask? First, ask Disney this question … how many entrees does Epcot have in store for us this year? My friends, the answer is 66. Uh, yeah, 66!
Geez! 66?! Last year’s 62 were too many to handle! They added more? How do we deal with that?!
What I have done over the last three years is to cut Epcot’s monumental list of entrees down to the 25 (or so) dishes that I feel I will like … before I head off to Orlando. And, I rank them in the numerical order I think I will like them.
Why? Fans, I simply can’t eat that much! And, have you seen Disney’s prices? I certainly can’t afford to buy everything that Epcot’s ‘food fest’ has to offer! Call my Top 25 the construction of my own personal festival menu.
So, what job do I have in mind for you? If you please, we’re going to construct your Food & Wine Pre-Festival Top 25! And, we’re going to do it “All in WDW style” … by way of polls! You did it last year … we’ll do it again!
How do we do this, you ask? I mean, we have no samples to taste. Not a lot of pictures to view.
It’s easy! You know what you like. Are you going to pick Garlic Shrimp if you don’t like shellfish? Will you choose a Belgian Waffle if your alternative is one of your personal favorites … Ravioli?
Let’s have some fun making those selections!
For today, I present the 66 “contenders” for 2014. I am using this list to construct the ‘official’ All in WDW 2014 Food & Wine Pre-Festival Top 25. We’ll use it to build yours as well. Here are the “players”, folks! Tomorrow, the fun begins!
- Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips – Africa
- South African Bobotie – Africa
- Garlic Shrimp – Australia
- Grilled Lamb Chop – Australia
- Beer-braised Beef, Potato, and Leek Waffle – Belgium
- Belgium Waffle with Chocolate Ganache – Belgium
- Belgium Waffle with Berry Compote – Belgium
- Tilapia – Brazil
- Crispy Pork Belly – Brazil
- Brazilian Cheese Bread – Brazil
- Cheddar Cheese Soup – Canada
- Seared Rainbow Trout – Canada
- “Le Cellier” Beef Filet Mignon – Canada
- Beijing Roasted Duck Steamed Bun – China
- Mongolian Beef Steamed Bun – China
- Black Pepper Shrimp – China
- Chicken Potstickers – China
- Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon Hash – Farm Fresh
- Griddled “Yard Bird” – Farm Fresh
- Escargot Tart – France
- Wheat Pasta Gratin – France
- Braised Short Ribs – France
- Pasta Gratin – Germany
- Roast Bratwurst – Germany
- Vegetarian Moussaka – Greece
- Griddled Greek Cheese – Greece
- Chicken Gyro – Greece
- Spanakopita – Greece
- Kālua Pork Slider – Hawaii
- Tuna Poke – Hawaii
- Artisan Cheese Plate – Hops & Barley
- Baked Lobster Alfredo – Hops & Barley
- Florida Grass-fed Beef Slider – Hops & Barley
- Lobster and Seafood Fisherman’s Pie – Ireland
- Kerrygold® Cheese Selection – Ireland
- Cheese Ravioli – Italy
- Chicken Marsala – Italy
- Spicy Hand Roll – Japan
- Teriyaki Chicken Steamed Bun – Japan
- Salmon, Shrimp, Crab and Egg Seaweed Salad – Japan
- Shrimp Taco – Mexico
- Rib-Eye Taco – Mexico
- Kefta Pocket – Morocco
- Spicy Shrimp Roll – Morocco
- Steamed Green-lip Mussels – New Zealand
- Venison Sausage – New Zealand
- Lamb Meatball – New Zealand
- Beef Empanada – Patagonia
- Grilled Beef Skewer – Patagonia
- Roasted Verlasso Salmon – Patagonia
- Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi – Poland
- Sauerkraut Pierogi with Pork Goulash – Poland
- Caribbean Conch Salad – Puerto Rico
- Slow-braised Beef with Puerto Rican-grown Rice – Puerto Rico
- Sweet Polenta Fries and Cheese Fritters – Puerto Rico
- Vegetarian Haggis – Scotland
- Fresh Potato Pancake with Smoked Scottish Salmon – Scotland
- Seared Sea Scallop – Scotland
- Lemongrass Chicken Curry – Singapore
- Seared Mahi-Mahi – Singapore
- Kimchi Dog – South Korea
- Roasted Pork Lettuce Wrap – South Korea
- Blackened Chick’n Breast – Terra
- CraB’less CraB Cake – Terra
- Sweet and Sour Fried Shrimp – Refreshment Port
- Sweet and Sour Fried Chicken Chunks – Refreshment Port